Top African Bikini Designers to Wear This Summer
Summer is calling your name, which means it's time to up your swimming game and go shopping. You can never have too many bathing suits, so we've gathered some stunning styles from these 10 African Bikini designers that will set your summer 'fit apart from the crowd.
- Swims By Didi: SwimsbyDidi is a Ghanaian swimwear brand, and one of Ghana’s fastest growing swimwear brands, delivering the best quality swimsuits to women of all shapes and sizes. The brand designs basic coloured swimsuits, which are tailored for all body types to ensure women of all sizes get their perfect fit! Our aim is to make women of all shapes and sizes feel confident and sexy.
- Riot Swim: Riot Swim, founded in 2016 by Monti Landers, aims to be both sexy and flattering. RIOT is well-known for its luxe meets the minimalist aesthetic. To flatter any shape, we use buttery, soft fabrics and clean finishing, and our ultra-sexy silhouettes are designed to make you stand out and feel you're most confident. Riot Swim is a global destination for high-quality, season-after-season swimwear. They believe that coverage and trust need not be mutually exclusive. Their fabrics are made to feel like a sexy extension of your natural body, like a second skin. Their goal is for you to wear our swimwear without reservation, not the other way around.
Their brand's confidence is determined by how confident you feel when trying on one of their swimsuits for the first time in the mirror. They work hard to eliminate the fear or hesitancy that comes with walking around in a bikini. There is no such thing as showing too much or too little as long as their suits make you feel comfortable.
Before any new releases go live, they make it a point to include our customers in the creative process. Your feedback is such a fun part of their innovation process, with a clear vision for the future of their company and the swimsuits you want to own for years to come. We continue to evolve, making every piece better than the last, with your dream swimsuit at the forefront of our business model, from bold hues to soft neutrals to menswear.
Riot Swim's core elements include multifunction, style, comfort, and design. They take pride in having pieces that are suitable for everyone, regardless of skin tone, body type, size, or coverage preference.
- Andrea Iyamah: Andrea Iyamah is a clothing line owned by Nigerian fashion designer Andrea Dumebi Iyamah that is heavily influenced by ethnic cultures and natural elements. Andrea Iyamah, who founded the brand in 2011, uses design elements that remain true to her African roots and cultures to create authentic clothing and resort wear. The bold colours, modern femininity, retro classic silhouettes, and a contemporary edge, inspired by travel and nature, appeal to the A.I woman who is an adventurer in spirit, mind, and style.
Andrea, who was born in 1993 and has a flair for fashion and the arts, advanced her tailoring skills and educated herself about fashion, which later fueled the genesis of the A.I. Andrea Iyamah has received repeated recognition for her work in fashion for over a decade and has been featured in Vogue, Forbes, InStyle, Huff Post, and other publications.
Celebrated as the leading African resort wear brand, it is well-known for its eccentric and one-of-a-kind take on swimwear, which has been described as high fashion art. A.I ready-to-wear and bridal wear, in addition to its premium resort wear line, explore the use of quality tailoring and rich fabrics, often in its signature jewel tones inspired by the rich colours of nature. A blend of various cultures inspired the colours and themes of the first official swim collection, which launched in 2013 and has since been spotted on Michelle Obama, Kate Middleton, and others.
- Castamira: Castamira is inspired by the aesthetic of the 1970s and 1990s, and is driven by a woman who embraces the spirit of luxury and play, adventure, and cherished moments of solitude.
We also like to think that leaving some mystery to the imagination is an ode to the woman who enjoys doing things her way. Each bathing suit's craftsmanship enhances the body's beauty and sensuality. Every suite is designed to empower and inspire.
Chantel Davis, a former Wilhelmina model, founded the label with the woman's form in mind, emphasizing the small of your back, elongating your legs, and embracing your curves. Each woman has her own set of soft spots. A true collector's item with timeless appeal.
- Reign Studio: Reign Studio is a swimwear, essentials, and loungewear line that caters to women with larger busts. They exist to provide fuller bust women with fashionable and functional designs that are in line with current trends.
They stand for you, loving your skin, being unashamed and unapologetic, and they hope to empower women to feel comfortable and free at home, on the beach, or in the pool.
They are dedicated to providing you with a modern, beautiful, and enjoyable design that provides adequate support and fit.
They don't want fuller bust women to feel like specialist customers by missing out on the trendy and stylish designs that are currently on the market.
- Ego Swim: This brand was created by a group of friends who became sisters and began travelling the world together. Every trip we took, we noticed a pattern: we would spend hours shopping for swimwear, taking amazing photos, and being asked by beautiful women where we got our items. It occurred to them that they are having a similar interest to most women: shopping for the hottest women and convenient swimwear was a top priority for vacations!
They made the decision to design and sell their own bikini right then and there. They select the most fashionable designs and the highest quality fabrics to ensure that you feel and look great for every occasion. They hope you love your swimwear as much as we do.
- Koko D Swimwear : Tamara Cummings created Koko D. in the spring of 2011. She held various positions in the fashion industry prior to creating this fun, glamorous line that is sure to turn heads, but it couldn't contain her visual and outgoing personality, and thus Koko D was born.
Tamara wanted to create a line inspired by her Caribbean heritage for the woman who loves life, loves taking risks, and wants to look amazing while doing it. Koko D. was inspired by her fascination with travel and different cultures.
This collection features vibrant colours and abstract designs with smooth lines for the glamorous and self-assured woman. It is a colour and sleek fusion that accentuates and defines.
- OFUURE: Ofuure is an award-winning African clothing brand that specializes in beautiful pieces with vibrant prints and bold patterns for the everyday Queen.
Ofure is an Ishan word that means "all is well."
Founded in 2015, OFUURE has remained committed to creating versatile pieces that highlight the African continent's underrepresented vibrant colors and beautiful patterns.
They take pride in their commitment to dressing and celebrating women of all shapes and sizes.
They believe that every woman deserves to feel like a princess on the inside and out. They are thrilled to help them channel their inner QUEEN to the rest of the world with our eclectic array of patterns, designs, fabrics, and clothing options!
- Nakimuli: NAKIMULI aspires to go beyond women's fashion traditions and into the realms of the imagination, creating fashion-forward garments for forward-thinking young women. NAKIMULI has created their own fashion revolution, inspired by colour, shapes, and prints, that embraces a love of self at any size, and inspires sisterhood, individuality, comfort, and lots of fierceness.
Be daring and become your own trendsetter. Dream and explore. Dare.
- Ohana: In Hawaiian, the word Ohana means "family," but in a much broader sense, to include not only one's close relatives, but also cousins, in-laws, friends, race, neighbors, or anyone else who is special in their life. The idea is that family and friends are inextricably linked and that everyone must collaborate and not forget one another. These are the values upon which their company was founded.
Anyone who wears Ohana feels as if they are part of a community. Their platform provides a safe space for our customers to freely express themselves, own their identities, and motivate and support one another. The message and core values of the company are derived from the meaning of the name 'Ohana' – a larger family that is not necessarily connected by blood.
Neema Nkatha Kinoti officially launched Ohana Swimwear in April 2018. She founded the company at the age of twenty-four, and the idea came to her a year before out of a personal need. She was planning a trip abroad and couldn't find any authentic swimwear that represented her heritage in the country.