Where to Shop African Fashion in Lagos
Retail therapy is a real thing! It makes us feel good. When we shop, our bodies release dopamine, the ‘feel-good hormone. We notice what other people around us and in the society are buying, wearing, and their standards of living so we also do the same, especially in the African society. African contemporary people have this knack for fashion.
We have gathered places you can easily shop for African Fashion;
- Fashtracker: Fashtracker connects trusted and sustainable African fashion brands to you. We aim to be the go-to fashion destination within Africa, and globally, for African brands - providing you with fashion items for any occasion. We are creating a community for both retailers and consumers which allows for seamless transactions and ease of purchase. The aim is to design a process that makes it easy for you to find exactly what you are looking for Colour, size, style, event appropriate e.t.c.
- Afrikrea: Afrikrea was founded in 2016 with a single goal in mind: to connect Africa and the rest of the world. Their co-founders, Moulaye Tabouré, Kadry Diallo, and Luc B. Perussault-Diallo, all hail from Mali and Guinea and share a passion for Africa. They wanted to make Made in Africa products more accessible to a wider audience. Furthermore, they hoped to construct a facility that would promote financial empowerment for African women through fashion, crafts, arts, and culture. They bring together thousands of sellers from Africa and around the world as an eCommerce marketplace. Every day, they help them start and manage their businesses online. They also offer a secure shopping experience for our customers, allowing them to buy with confidence and ease on our platform. Sellers will only be paid after your order has been shipped and acknowledged receipt.
- Garm Spot: Garmspot is Nigeria's fastest growing online retailer, specializing in the marketing and distribution of cutting-edge urban wear brands, contemporary designs, and fashion accessories. They aim to be the leading supplier of the best brands available in Nigeria and Africa. Garmspot will deliver pieces to clients from their regional centre in Lagos to all corners of the globe via their web platform. Their team is constantly working to create a one-of-a-kind merchant network in Africa focused on the most fashionable apparel and intricate items and accessories sourced from both local and international brands, as well as their in-house brand.
- Zere Fashion House: Zere is a London based online fashion store catering to the demand of Nigerian fashion with worldwide delivery. Zere Fashion House stocks African fashion designs, mainly women's clothes for customers in the UK, Europe and America. Shop different African Styles including print dresses, ready to wear African attire for weddings, and other special occasions.
- Folklore: Folklore enables global customers to discover and shop for top luxury African and Black-owned designer fashion, accessories, and beauty brands online. African fashion designers are gaining traction like never before yet their collections often remain difficult to find internationally. The Folklore aims to change that with an e-commerce platform that not only ships globally but also allows designers to narrate their own stories to the world.
- 41 Luxe: 41 Luxe, a timeless fashion brand with locations in Lagos and Abuja that allows Africans to enjoy designs from their favourite brands, has reaffirmed its commitment to recreating afro-fashion with global delivery.
- Africans both at home and abroad are now experiencing awe-inspiring and luxurious afro-fashion all over the world.
- 41 Luxe has made it possible for Nigerians to walk in and treat themselves to a shopping spree of the best fashion pieces.
The most interesting aspect, according to Halima Yunusa, CEO of 41 Luxe, is that e-commerce has made it easier to sell to Africans in the diaspora. It has been adopted by 41 Luxe for its global cargo delivery systems.
Interestingly, African designers have left indelible imprints on the global fashion industry, creating designs worn by A-list celebrities. Africans have not only increased job opportunities for themselves but have also shown the world Africa's rich culture through their outstanding designs.
Despite these gains, the industry continues to face some challenges. One major issue it faces is a lack of department stores carrying a variety of designers.
Unfortunately, in this day and age, most fashion enthusiasts must still order directly from the designers.
41 Luxe was founded to fill that void in the industry, using e-commerce to deliver its bespoke designs.
As Africa's fashion scene continues to thrive, 41 Luxe is committed to providing Africans with the best of its aesthetic wear.