Creator Focus - Ibilola Ogundipe
Ibilola Ogundipe's recently launched RTW brand has already become one of the favourites on the fashion scene. She has a great eye for combining colours as well as cuts. It's no wonder why she's a Fashtracker Fave. Read her story.
1. What inspired you to start your brand?
I have always been kin on fashion, I love clothes! I started my RTW brand because most times getting what I wanted wasn’t easy, and I never really found what I liked...
2. How does your personal style impact your brand?
My style is simple, minimalistic and chic. I infuse my style into every piece I design.
3. How often do you wear your brand, what's your fave product you’ve designed.
I wear my brand as much as I can, my favourite product is the lope set.
4. Where do you find your inspiration?
Every where I look, I get inspired - Travelling , fashion shows, chats with friends and family and the internet.
5. What is your favourite thing about being a designer?
My favourite thing about being a designer is that I don't ever have to worry about what to wear.
6. What was your biggest fear when going out and starting your own line?
My biggest fear was that I wouldn't make any sales.
7. If you could go back and tell yourself one thing before beginning your career what would it be?
You have to be patient and persistent, It's a process! Everything works out eventually.
8. How do you want women to feel when wearing your clothes?
I want them to feel elegant, confident and classy.
10. How do you balance work and your personal life?
It's quite tough still haven’t figured it out.
11. What advice would you give to young designers just starting out and hoping to make it in the industry?
It's a process, it's going be tough, but its worth it. Focus on the outcome, not the obstacles.